Friday, March 21, 2014

WEATHER REPORT
le dernier 
from
BIARRITZ
  winter's  
last gasp
j'espère ...

oui c'est ça
 The weather continued to be iffy, starting off sunny then gale force winds and hail then sun again and warm temps
combating whatever elements I continued painting at my favorite spots

Mer Verte
Le Phare
Pluie encore
the polar bears continued to swim, regardless the weather
Polar Bears
The thick of it
Côte Basque
2 Clouds

early on a beautiful day I finally got to Bayonne (FR. not NJ!) 
a very mysterious Basque town


just in time for the outdoor market





with the Basque Carnavale in full force
Photo by Albanne Sandras


and spring seemingly around the corner

 
And to San Sebastien
Espagne




where we sat enjoying the sun
Caro
Catou
toured around
Catou et moi photo by Caro
 walked on the beach
and ate tapas

Back in Biarritz, finishing things up, preparing for my show
I was interviewed for the newspaper


 made my final decision on the best croissant in town:
 BERRIA COOK!
flaky, big enough, slightly sweet
*GOLD STAR*
 *
arriving at my last Biarritz afternoon
I realized that I had barely tasted a gateau or a chocolat
or gone shopping
in five weeks

et alors

RECETTE 
pour
le dernier
après-midi parfait

Go shopping for chocolat and espadrilles
 
Meet Catou et Maryse (sa Mère) at  
Café Miremont 
order a financier tigrés  
et   
café au lait
savor every last bite 

Adieu Biarritz, Catou, Caro, l'atelier Quatro et tous mes amis 
merci 
c'était fantastique 
tu me manque déjà et à bientôt j'espère

 
NOW
the return to reality

BLUE MOON FISH STAND
Wednesday March 26th!